Subject: Trouble building Perl5 and other newbie questions
From: [email-masked] (Bill Schoolfield)

10 Nov 1998 12:06:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi:

I've looked thru the faq and ML archives and I haven't found
anything to answer my questions. Perhaps someone here could
help.

I'm trying to build perl from scratch using cygwin32 (b20)
on NT and I'm getting an error compiling regcomp.c. It seems
I'm getting crossed up concerning variable argument lists
(varargs and stdarg). The specific error says the the
va_start macro is expecting two args (ala ansi c) but one is
provided.

I looked over the Configure script and don't know what to
make of whats going---partly because I don't understand the
include library structure. In particular I notice that
varargs.h and stdarg.h are both present in two separate dirs
(...\egs2.91.57\include and ...\include\mingw32). Which do I
use? The config stuff for perl points to the include path
where mingw32 is located.

Bill

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".