Subject: Win32 tool for converting ELF to pure binary
From: [email-masked] (Charles Hull)

10 Nov 1998 09:53:04 -0800
Message-ID: <c=GB%a=_%p=Pi_Group%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

Hope this isn't off topic for the list - it was about the only resource
I could find that seemed appropriate...all responses will be very much
appreciated.

I need to write some Win32 code to translate an ELF format file to a
pure binary image for transmission to another device as a program. I
understand that the Unix utility objcopy converts between ELF and other
formats; I also believe from the (small amount of) information I've read
on GNU-WIN32 that this utility has been translated to the Win32 area.
Could I use it for this purpose?

Or is their another way of doing it? Does anyone know where there is
some freely available source code explaining how to load in an ELF file
and convert it to a binary image?

BTW, I am not particularly familiar with Unix myself.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

-----------------------------------
Charlie Hull          Pi Technology
work: [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".