Subject: B20: bash hangs after a background task exits
From: [email-masked] (Serguei DACHIAN)

8 Nov 1998 07:54:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I discoverd a strange behaviour of bash when I am using some applications (I
don't know if it holds for ALL aplications or not, I have tried it with two
or three GUI interfaced programs)

If I lanch the application without trailing "&" and then quit the
application, everythin is fine.  But if I lanch it with a trailing "&", the
bash hangs (more precisely it accepts no longer any input from the keyboard,
and you can't close it even by clicking at the upper-right corner)
immediatly after I am leaving the aplication !!!  Till application is
running bash still works. If I type at first "exit" in bash, and then close
the application both exit correctly.

My config is: Win98 + CygWinB20 + Sergey's X11R6.4 and coolview.  And the
variable CYGWIN is set in my "autoexec.bat" like this:
> SET CYGWIN=  tty title strip_title glob

By the way, I don't even know if the optons following the tty option are
usefull and what do they dso. Can someone indicate to me some documentation
where one can find the list of possible options with explanation of theyr
meanings.

Any ideas why it happens ???  Thanks in advance for any help.
___________________________________________________________________________
Serguei DACHIAN
Laboratoire de Statistique et Processus,
Universite du Maine, Av. Olivier Messiaen
72085 Le Mans CEDEX 9, FRANCE
Tel.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 37 18
Fax.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 35 79
E-mail : [email-masked]
WWW    : http://www.univ-lemans.fr/sciences/statist/cvs/thesard.html#dachian

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".