Subject: b20: win98: more is missing (still)
From: [email-masked] (Matt)

8 Nov 1998 06:14:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I had this same problem with b19, as did everyone else I know:

'more' is missing. I can't 'more file.txt', nor can I 'cat file.txt |
more'. b19 had this same problem for me under 95, 98, and NT4. I installed
the full.exe version on a fresh win98 box. 

Any known workaround for this? Looks to me like someone just forgot to
supply more.exe in the package. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ..

sameple output is below:

BASH.EXE-2.02$ ls -l
total 171
drwxr-xr-x   7 500      everyone        0 Nov  7 14:37 H-i586-cygwin32
-rw-r--r--   1 500      everyone   347153 Nov  7 14:38 Uninst.isu
drwxr-xr-x   2 500      everyone        0 Nov  7 14:37 bin
-rwxr-xr-x   1 500      everyone       86 Oct 30 15:34 cygnus.bat
drwxr-xr-x   4 500      everyone        0 Nov  7 14:38 include
drwxr-xr-x   8 500      everyone        0 Nov  7 14:38 share
BASH.EXE-2.02$ more cygnus.bat
BASH.EXE: more: command not found
BASH.EXE-2.02$
BASH.EXE-2.02$ cat cygnus.bat | more
BASH.EXE: more: command not found
BASH.EXE-2.02$

any help is appreciates,
thanx!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cityscape.net/~hargett			SillyPutty Valley, CA

		we are
					Undergoing Treatment
			but will the doctors ever cure
				these delusions of grandeur?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".