Subject: bug list
From: [email-masked] (Stephen R. Whiteley)

8 Nov 1998 02:25:44 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Here are a few things I noticed while moving from b19 -> b20:

Cygwin b20 Nov 2 release
running NT4 SP3

1.  cpp seems to not work right.  Instead of stripping out an undefined
    #ifdef/#endif block, it strips the preprocessor lines and leaves the
    block intact.  I don't know how general this is.  In particular,
    when compiling libX11 (R6.3 patch, modified), "make X11.def" gives
    a bogus file.  Replacing the cpp call with "gcc -E -" solved the
    problem.  I noticed that this was done in the R6.4 patch.

2.  patch insists on converting to DOS text any file it touches, even
    if the mount is binary.

3.  fork() always seems to cause a system "Application Error".  E.g., xterm.
    Replacing the cygwin1.dll with the one in "coolview" fixed this.

4.  The select() function is not prototyped, or at least I can't find it.

5.  bash hangs up frequently, most recently after entering "cd.."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".