Subject: Re: SERIOUS B20 BUG: pipelining seems to break (wasB20: weird variables bug (tryed on win98))
From: [email-masked] (Keet / Foxbird)

7 Nov 1998 08:34:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
        Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

>
>it may be a bug within "sed", since the configure script of php-3.0.4
causes the
>system to halt while saying "creating doc/Makefile" while already
processed some
>of such. The system halts and the "sed" title is displayed within the dos
box. No
>ctrl-c nor something.
>

I'm not sure if this is a confirmation of this or not, but running under a
win98 machine, under the original B20, sed 'pauses' when trying to compile
the cygwin source code.. it usually occurs about the third or fourth file
into the makefile generation run. If you press CTRL-Z, it closes the file
as 0 bytes, and moves on to continue the rest of the script, pausing here
and there as it generates various makefiles. Using CTRL-C causes sed to
lock-up for about 3-5 seconds and then it unlocks and the whole thing quits
back to dos, as well it should.

Again, I can't confirm that this is a real bug, but in light of the other
problems people are having with SED, it seems to be a good chance.

System Information:
PII 333
64MB RAM
Losts of free HD Space
B20
/tmp IS mounted

- Greg Neujahr
  [email-masked]

\---------------------------------------------\
 \  Keet  |  [email-masked]            \
  \---------------------------------------------\
   \ http://localsonly.wilmington.net/~keetnet/  \-\
    \---------------------------------------------\ \
       \ Visit MoonGlow MUCK at moonglow.dyn.ml.org  \
        \ on port 8888, or visit our webpage at:      \
      /--\ http://www.moonglow.dyn.ml.org              \
     /    \---------------------------------------------\
    / Furry Code 1.2:                             /
   / FCF6fmsw A-- C- D+ H++ M+++ P+ R+           /
  / T++++ W Z Sm++ RL# a# cn++ d+ e# f++++ h#   /
 / iwf++>+++ p* sm#                            /
/---------------------------------------------/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".