Subject: Re: Licensing Terms
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

7 Nov 1998 07:59:05 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

[email-masked] writes:
> 
> Does that also apply to software built with EGCS-1.1-MinGW32 ???
> If so, WHAT do I have to buy, and what share does Mumit Khan get of that
> money (he made the MinGW324EGCS package, after all)?

No, it does not apply to software built with EGCS-1.1-Mingw. Cygwin and 
Mingw are completely independent as far as copyrights and licensing issues 
are concerned.

Mingw itself (runtime and the include files etc) explicitly not
copyrighted (by Colin Peters or by anybody else). The egcs-1.1 components 
have various different copyrights/licenses, and it's the same as on any 
Unix system.

> Can I SELL the software built with either Cygwin or EGCS if I include the
> source code?

You can do anything you want with Mingw/egcs built software. As for
software built with Cygwin EGCS, you can always SELL the software as 
long as you comply with the license that comes with Cygwin.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".