Subject: Re: First experiences with b20
From: [email-masked] (Matt Behrens)

7 Nov 1998 04:09:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I, myself, gave up on B20 after trying w/ SP4 and then w/o any service
packs.  Same configure script problems.  Judging from what I hear, SP4
seems to eliminate a lot of fixes that had showed up along the service
pack trail.  It's really quite stupid. (:

I think I'll try to back out SP4 here to SP3 (which is what I had
immediately prior on this machine -- the other tests were on my home NT
machine, which wouldn't work with SP4 or no SP -- but this machine at
work doesn't do B20 with SP4 either.).

Geoffrey Noer wrote:

> B20 was tested mostly on Windows NT 4.0 SP3.  We did some testing on
> SP4 but it has only just come out; I haven't been getting good vibes
> so far about SP4 though in general.  We also tested B20 on Windows 95
> OSR 2.5 and Windows 98 to some extent.
> 
> Perhaps it's not happy on plain old NT 4 without service packs?
> Dunno...

-- 
  __
 /-/    Matt Behrens
( (     [email-masked]
 ) )    Iserv Network Operations Center
/_/     http://inoc.iserv.net/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".