Subject: In B20 full.exe 'expect' is built incorrectly
From: [email-masked] (Richard A. Davis)

6 Nov 1998 20:53:33 -0800
Message-ID: <3.0.5.32.19981105214804.007ed850.cygnus.gnu-win32@mail>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Cygnus Folks,

	If you try to execute 'expect', you get the following:

BASH.EXE-2.02$ expect
Tcl_Init failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
    {} ./share/tcl8.0 ./share/tcl8.0 c:/tcl8.0/library c:/home/library

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

BASH.EXE-2.02$

	Here's a workaround:

$ mkdir /cygnus/tcl8.0/library
$ cp /cygnus/cygwin-b20/share/tcl8.0 /cygnus/tcl8.0/library

	(for "/cygnus", substitute where you installed cygwin-b20.)

	The permanent fix is to configure expect when you're building it so as to
let it know where it will find tcl at run time.

Rick Davis

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".