Subject: Re: Ctrl-Z not working in B20 BASH
From: [email-masked] (Pierre A. Humblet)

6 Nov 1998 14:39:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: [email-masked] (Pierre A. Humblet)
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Craig Vosburgh <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

More or less the same problem here with B20 & Win95, CYGWIN = tty

I launched first launched "find ." then typed ^Z. It went to the background
and its output stopped. Things resumed fine with fg. However when I typed
^Z again, everything (output, input, ^C..) froze and I had to kill the window.
I reattempted the same experiment in new bash windows. Now everything
freezes at the first ^Z. Note that "freeze" here may be different from
"nothing happens" below...

Pierre

At 06:00 AM 11/3/98 -0700, Craig Vosburgh wrote:
>I can't get Ctrl-Z to work for B20 bash.  I have set the CYGWIN variable
>to tty and then started the bash shell.  However, when I start something
>like find and then hit a Ctrl-Z to put it in the background nothing
>happens.  If I do the equivalent under B19 (setting CYGWIN32=tty) then
>everything seems to work fine.
>
>Does anyone else have Ctrl-Z working with B20?
>
>Thanks!
>-Craig
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".