Subject: Win 95 troubles
From: [email-masked]

5 Nov 1998 18:37:18 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Doing a large make on Windows 95 Rel 1, I'm seeing hard hangs and also:

[main] C:\BIN\BASH.EXE 1228 (0) sig_send: wait for sig_complete event
failed, sig -3, rc 258, error 288
[main] BASH 1228 (60) sig_send: wait for sig_complete event failed, sig -3,
 rc 258, error 288
[main] BASH 1228 (60) sig_send: wait for sig_complete event failed, sig -3,
 rc 258, error 288

[main] BASH 1228 (0) sync_with_child: child -196699(0x26) died before
initialization with status code 0x1
[main] BASH 1228 (0) sync_with_child: *** child state child loading dlls
/kitchawan/anchor/share/stubgen/stubgen: fork: No more processes

I am as sure as I can be that I am NOT trying to run a parallel make.  The
failures occur inside a relatively long bash script which runs a number of
executables including some compiles.  But it runs everything one at a time.

Is there a known problem with bash not waiting till a program finishes
reliably?

(The same make works correctly on NT.  But NT doesn't support my laptop
very well so ...)

Marc Auslander   <[email-masked]>   914 945-4346  (Fax x4425)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".