Subject: Re: [Incr Tcl] 3.0 and Cygwin32
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

5 Nov 1998 18:37:11 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Matthias Dabisch <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Matthias Dabisch wrote:

> Did anyone ever try to compile Tcl8.0.3 and Itcl 3.0 with egcs Cygwin32
> (not mingw32)?
> I just need a working version of itclsh (none of the graphical stuff)
> I wonder why Itcl 1.5 is still the version supported by cygwin32.

If you don't *really* need 8.0.3, I suggest you stick with 8.0p2 +
Cygnus patches. I can tweak enough bugs in 8.0.3 without even trying
that makes me somewhat uncomfortable with the QA/testing at Scriptics. 

As for itcl, it's 1.5 probably because that's what Cygnus uses. I 
personally never bothered upgrading past 1.5 either, so it works for 
me ;-)

What trouble did you have building itcl 3.0 with Cygwin tcl/tk? I did
build it for testing at one point, but can't find the changes, if any,
that I needed to make. Couldn't have been hard however, otherwise I'd
have remembered the pain.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".