Subject: Re: B20: funny bug on expanding '*' chars on command line
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

5 Nov 1998 11:08:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Stefan Hornburg <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Well, 1st we have to make some assumptions since you don't tell us.

Are we to assume that you are using bash?  If so, try `echo
//i/hafas/preischg/*.prs' etc.

If you're not using bash then you'll have to do so in order to do what
you want.

---Stefan Hornburg <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> 
> While the following runs fine, the same command line with '*' instead
> of the 'x' will be cut in the middle. Please note: No file matches
this
> command line with '*'. 
> 
> Ciao
>         Stefan
> 
> 1) Works fine.
> echo I:/hafas/preischg/x.prs I:/hafas/grenzhlt/x.grz
I:/hafas/sperren/x.spr I:/hafas/map/x.mpp
I:/hafas/win/src/apichg/x.win I:/hafas/win/src/apichg/x.wtk
I:/hafas/win/chg/fax/x.fax I:/hafas/win/chg/bflogos/x.bfl
I:/hafas/chg/distrib.win/x.wnf I:/hafas/fahrrad/x.fb
I:/hafas/fahrrad/x.pc I:/hafas/win/chg/infobt/x.ibt
I:/hafas/win/chg/infobt/x.db I:/hafas/chg/bfinfo/x.inf
I:/hafas/uklassen/x.neu I:/hafas/uklassen/x.spr
I:/hafas/longname/x.l50 I:/hafas/longname/x.ric
I:/hafas/longname/x.l5w I:/hafas/longname/x.inf I:/hafas/koord32/x.k32
I:/hafas/chg/big/x.bbg I:/hafas/chg/ltyp4/x.lt4
I:/hafas/chg/teilprs/x.prs I:/hafas/chg/teilprs/x.win >> fileshaf
> 
> 2)Oops
> echo I:/hafas/preischg/*.prs I:/hafas/grenzhlt/*.grz
I:/hafas/sperren/*.spr I:/hafas/map/*.mpp
I:/hafas/win/src/apichg/*.win I:/hafas/win/src/apichg/*.wtk
I:/hafas/win/chg/fax/*.fax I:/hafas/win/chg/bflogos/*.bfl
I:/hafas/chg/distrib.win/*.wnf I:/hafas/fahrrad/*.fb
I:/hafas/fahrrad/*.pc I:/hafas/win/chg/infobt/*.ibt
I:/hafas/win/chg/infobt/*.db I:/hafas/chg/bfinfo/*.inf
I:/hafas/uklassen/*.neu I:/hafas/uklassen/*.spr
I:/hafas/longname/*.l50 I:/hafas/longname/*.ric
I:/hafas/longname/*.l5w I:/hafas/longname/*.inf I:/hafas/koord32/*.k32
I:/hafas/chg/big/*.bbg I:/hafas/chg/ltyp4/*.lt4
I:/hafas/chg/teilprs/*.prs I:/hafas/chg/teilprs/*.win >> fileshaf
> I:/hafas/preischg/*.prs I:/hafas/grenzhlt/*.grz
I:/hafas/sperren/*.spr I:/hafas/map/*.mpp
I:/hafas/win/src/apichg/*.win I:/hafas/win/src/apichg/*.wtk
I:/hafas/win/chg/fax/*.fax I:/hafas/win/chg/bflogos/*.bfl
I:/hafas/chg/distrib.win/*.wnf I:/hafas/fahrra
> -- 
> MKDIR pipe on netware with Windows* makes you wonder :-)
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 

==
-                  \\||//
-------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o--------------
--          [email-masked]          --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32 --
----------------ooo0O--O0ooo-----------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".