Subject: B20 & bash 2.02.1(2) broken
From: [email-masked] (Austin David France)

5 Nov 1998 06:08:39 -0800
Message-ID: <000001be0724$cbdc1d90$010120c0.cygnus.gnu-win32@menpc1>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Gnu-Win32 Mailing List (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Jonathan Storey" <[email-masked]>

CYGWIN_NT-4.0 MENPC1 20.0 (0.1/1/1) 1998-10-29 15:33:43 i486 unknown
BASH 2.02.1(2)-release
NTW40 Y2KSP4

I installed B20, and discovered a problem with the version of bash shipped
with b20.

I can log in using cygnus.bat OK, however logins via inetd don't work.

Further investigation reveals a very strange problem.  Bash 2.02.1(2) won't
execute a script whose name is less than 6 characters long.

A colleagues is experiencing exactly the same problem, except that bash
won't execute a script whose name is less than 4 characters long.

An interesting co-incidence is that I have 6 dos drive letters, my colleague
has only 4.  I am sure this is just a weird co-incidence.

I have replaced bash 2.02.1(2) with bash 2.02.1(1) and this corrects the
problem for both short script names and inetd (which was presumably a
related problem)

Austin David France
Mentor Systems plc
mailto:[email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's
and do not necessarily represent the views of Mentor Systems plc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".