Subject: Hanging bash as /bin/sh
From: [email-masked] (Jan Nieuwenhuizen)

5 Nov 1998 06:00:06 -0800
Message-ID: <519A92648C8BD111999B00608CF2EE2F02EB03.cygnus.gnu-win32@mcserver>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Just this morning i installed the b20 release.  I was used to make a
/tmp dir, and put copies of
bash.exe into /bin/bash and /bin/sh for conveniency.

I found that (NT sp3) configure scripts are hanging all the time, before
completing (executing gcc, 
doing pwd, loading config.cache, doing 'test -z', ...).

Then i remembered reading something about ash.exe.  After replacing
/bin/sh with the ash (why is
it named sh?), my configure troubles seem to be fixed...

Anyway, thanks for this grand release,
greetings,

Jan.

ps: as an aside; about half a year ago there were discussions about
installshield and rpm, which
     gave me the impression the next (major) release would use rpm, like
i had been doing myself
     for some time.  i had the luck to be off this list for about half a
year (i hoped it were a bit be 
     easier to escape the sad stuff of microsoft and make a living :-),
did i miss something?
     
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond - The music
typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien       |
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/lilypond

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".