Subject: b20: BUG sh configure makes a mess (win98)
From: [email-masked] (creative1)

5 Nov 1998 05:59:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi there!

I am trying to compile several programs and i arrived to the conclusion
that configure
doesn't work properly on b20.

I ALWAYS get a mess, and the resulting config.h is full of #undef when
it shouldn't.
I have check several things and most of the 'if test' doesn't work as
they should.
the grep program should return 1 or 0 and sometimes it doesn't return
anything on the configure,
which make it think there is not such thing.

After several assignation on the configure, it seems that it does not
assign any more, things like...
whatever = `echo blalbla`
in a bucle, works for 20 times, and then after several times in the
loop, it stop working and
whatever gets = nothing.

the last one... trying to compile ircu2.10.04
it just stay for 20 minutes in setup.h  doing nothing so i have to
control C

creating setup.h

[main] J:\BIN\SH.EXE 2468 (0) sync_with_child: child -3860423(0x334)
died before
 initialization with status code 0xFFFFFFFF
[main] SH 2468 (0) sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp
../config.status: Cannot fork

Joaquin Grech

---------------------------------------------------------------
!     C r e a t i v i t y     M u s t    S u r v i v e        !
---------------------------------------------------------------
!  Fido: 2:341/19.67                 Euronet: 25:928/100.67   !
!  Internet: [email-masked]                            !
!  Http://surf.to/creative                  Ya me direis :)   !
---------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".