Subject: Re: B20 intall on WIN95: Too many parameters/Bad Command Name
From: [email-masked] (Enoch Wu)

5 Nov 1998 05:59:23 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <000701be05fc$2efd4400$8a0abfd1@newbrew>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/enriched; charset="us-ascii"
To: "Joe Niederberger" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi,

First of all, we would appreciate plain ASCII emails -- no fonts 
please.

I suspect your problem is probably caused by an environment string error.
Well I am really guessing but that was my experience anyway.  I had
accidentally inserted a space in the PATH string and the problem could
not be resolved by just increasing the environment space allotment to,
say 4096.  That was my AUTOEXEC.BAT file problem which got transmitted to
the CYGNUS.BAT file via set PATH=C:\cygnus\cygwin~1\bin:%PATH% in my
CYGNUS.BAT

I hope this helps. 

Best Regards,

Enoch Wu

At 08:00 PM 11/1/98 -0500, you wrote: 

>>>>

<excerpt><smaller>After a fresh install of B20 on Win95, and trying to
invoke the cygnus.bat

script to invoke bash, I get a dead window with "Too many parameters"

on the first line and "Bad command or file name" on the second.

</smaller>  

<smaller>I've never had trouble installing before. I tried increasing the
environment space

in config.sys but no difference.

</smaller>  

<smaller>Any thoughts?

</smaller>  

<smaller>Thanks

</smaller>  

<smaller>Joe Niederberger

[email-masked]

</smaller>

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".