Subject: gcc file seperator
From: [email-masked]

5 Nov 1998 05:57:43 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

In cygwin-b2, gcc error messages use back slashes in file names.  This
appears the break the emacs 19.34.6 *compilation* error parser badly enough
to  cause emacs to trap.

An example of the errors I see is:

g++ -c  -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fconserve-space -fno-common -march=i486
-DTARGET_MACHINE="x86" -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -nostdinc -nostdinc++ -MD
-Wall  -DKITCHAWAN -g  -I/kitchawan/kitchsrc/lib/libc/io/.. -I.
-I/kitchawan/kitchsrc/lib/libc/io -I/kitchawan/anchor/kitchawan/include
/kitchawan/kitchsrc/lib/libc/io/InitASF.C -o InitASF.o
\\kitchawan\\anchor\\kitchawan\\include\\trace/trace.H: In function `uval32
getTimestamp()':
In file included from
\\kitchawan\\kitchsrc\\lib\\libc\\io\\..\\trace/traceIO.H:17,
                 from /kitchawan/kitchsrc/lib/libc/io/InitASF.C:25:
\\kitchawan\\anchor\\kitchawan\\include\\trace/trace.H:218: warning: ANSI
C++ forbids declaration `tracetimestamp' with no type

Marc Auslander   <[email-masked]>   914 945-4346  (Fax x4425)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".