Subject: Re: B20 NT4 SP4 Bison problem
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

5 Nov 1998 00:35:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Leif Jackson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 10:30:25PM -0500, Leif Jackson wrote:
>
> Just wanted to report to the fine people at Cygwin that this port does
> fix a lot of things for me and I am very pleased so far. However I just
> found one little thing. The binary copy of bison included in the
> full.exe tries to load 
> 
> /logopolis/monitor/noer/b20/cygwin-b20/share/bison.simple and fails :)
>
> Why do you think this is Noer? (Nudges you) Anyhow no biggie I will just
> recompile a bison for my system. Just thought you guys needed to know
> that.

Actually, I think the bison exe in b19 probably referenced
/pizza/anchovies/noer/ in it somewhere so this only reflects a change
of which machine I used to compile it on.

The problem is that bison doesn't have any relative path searching
mechanism like the Cygnus patch to gcc that makes it able to locate
cpp without GCC_EXEC_PREFIX.  There are two bixon environment
variables that can be set to override the default (invalid) location
without having to recompile.  They are BISON_SIMPLE and BISON_HAIRY.

I'd love a patch to bison that would fix this.  Otherwise, I'll try to
get to it at some point but this is hardly in the urgent category in
terms of my work inbox of things to do...

Glad things are (otherwise) going smoothly for you so far.

Regards,

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".