Subject: Strange behavior in b20?
From: [email-masked] (Jeff Bergan)

3 Nov 1998 14:24:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I just installed b20 today, and I've noticed that if I run emacs (GNU Emacs
20.2.1 (i386-*-nt4.0)) from a bash shell and put the job in the background
(something that works fine with b18), the shell exits when Emacs exits.  If
I run it in the foreground, this doesn't happen.  It seems to type exit on
the command line (As if it caught a ^d?).  Is there some variable to set in
bash for it to ignore ^d (and would this fix it) (like set ignoreeof in
tcsh)?  Is this a b20 bug or emacs or what?  Thanks!

Jeff

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".