Subject: Re: B20 bug reporting
From: DJ Delorie <[email-masked]>

01 Nov 1998 23:08:32 -0500
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <363e78bc.4944062.cygnus.gnu-win32@janus>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0 (X11; I; IRIX 5.3 IP22)

Theodore Jump wrote:
> Question: cygckeck -s reports that it can't find either cpp or gdb on my system
> (B20 of course), however I can compile cpp code with either "c++" or "g++" so I
> must assume that it *can*.
> 
> Just wanted to report this oddity.

Odd if you don't know why I added a check for that.  "cpp" is a common
name that competing products may use for *their* pre-processor.
I check for it to make sure that it is *not* there, so that we
can be sure that gcc is using its own cpp, which is normally *not*
on the PATH.

DJGPP users encounter this problem occasionally with Borland C
installed.

"cpp" is the C Pre-Processor, which has little specifically to do with
the C++ language; it is used for C and C++ programs, some ASM files, and
other purposes as well.