Subject: Re: B20 and NT 4.0 SP 4
From: [email-masked] (Theodore Jump)

1 Nov 1998 18:48:02 -0800
Message-ID: <363d7887.4891750.cygnus.gnu-win32@janus>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Emil Hallin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

>I am having all kinds of trouble doing simple builds with SP4 installed.
>B20 works like a charm on my machine at work that is running SP3 still,
>but builds seem to stop at arbitrary places on this machine now. Haven't
>figured out what is doing it yet...but, if my experience is anything to
>go by, don't even think of installing SP4 yet!

I'll be a little contrary on that. I'm running NT4 SP4. I wanted to add
"inline" bzip2 support back into tar (for which I have a nice small patch).
Since B20 shipped with tar 1.12 I just unpack the standard tar-1.12 archive,
applied the patch "configure ; make" and everything ran to completion w/o
problem or nit.

-Ted
______________________________________________________________________
http://www.i21.com/~tjump                  http://www.fighterduel.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats to Marco Pantani, Jan Ullrich, Bobby Julich, Erik Zabel,
Christophe Rinero and all the rest of the riders of Le Tour '98!
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".