Subject: Re: Linux or Cygwin?
From: [email-masked] (Stephen L Arnold)

1 Nov 1998 01:10:49 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: Ahmad Alsolaim <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

On 30 Oct 98,,  Ahmad Alsolaim had questions about Linux or Cygwin?:

> Hi every one;
> I am new to Cygwin and Linux, but I have to work on some Unix
> based software, which one should I install on my PC Cygwin or
> Linux?

It depends; if you're just screwing around (and don't mind the 
flakiness of windoze) then Cygwin is fine.  If you really have to 
get some work done, then Linux is the way to go (as far as 
stability, robustness, etc).  Just my $.02

Steve

*************************************************************
Steve Arnold                            [email-masked]
                                 http://www.rain.org/~sarnold
   "A mime is a terrible thing to waste..."   Mel Brooks
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".