Subject: Re: posix threads (pthread32) undefined references
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

1 Nov 1998 00:32:46 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Ben Elliston <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I'm running Cygwin32 b19.3 (no EGCS, gcc from cdk.exe) on a Win98 box.
>
>Right.  So you may or may not have TryEnterCriticalSection(), for example.
>I don't know.
>
>> so why don't adding them, Geoffrey?!
>
>I believe there was some contention over what effect this would have on
>_any_ binaries linked against this stub.  Someone tried to convince me
>that this means that the executable would fail to load on systems where
>this didn't exist, even if the program didn't call for this function.

Huh?  Ben you added the definition yourself.  It will be in B20:

Tue Sep 15 18:36:08 1998  Ben Elliston  <[email-masked]>

        * sysdef/kernel32.def: Add definition for the Win32 API function
        `TryEnterCriticalSection'.

This is a non-issue.  We can't retroactively add the definitions to
previous stub libraries.  "We" (i.e., Ben) did add them to Cygnus def
files and therefore they will be in B20.
-- 
[email-masked]
http://www.cygnus.com/