Subject: Re: dlopen
From: [email-masked] (Gary V. Vaughan)

31 Oct 1998 00:34:02 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Jorrit Tyberghein <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>

Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:
> 
> How can I use dlopen/dlsym/dlcose from CygWinB19 with EGCS 1.1?
> I can't find a reference to dlopen in any of the include files 
> although it seems to be in some of the executables/libraries?

The dlfcn.h file from the source distribution never made it into
the cdk.exe.  You need to get the cygwin32 sources from the same
place as you got the cdk and copy the dlfcn.h file into
$CYGWIN_ROOT/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include.  Then dlopen
and friend will (mostly) work as usual.

Geoffrey, I notice that the dlopen emulation doesn't handle a NULL
argument as per the POSIX spec (i.e. return an introspective handle
to the current process), yet the win32 GetModuleHandle does... will this
be fixed for b20?  Too late for a patch?

Cheers,
	Gary V. Vaughan
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".