Subject: Re: I need help with telldir and seekdir
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

31 Oct 1998 00:21:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: "Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: Cygnus <[email-masked]>

---"Dr. Volker Zell" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> 
> Hi
> 
> >I'm trying to port code from unix to win32 with cygwin32.  Everything
> >worked right until a tried to compile a file wich included "dirent.h"
> >and tried to use seekdir and telldir.
> >    Can somebody tellme either  if  those functions are available in
> >other  header file, or  if i should implement them, and if that's the
> >case, how can i do it.
> 
> 
> I have the same question. I end up with the followin two erro45rs when
> trying to compile mc-4.5.0:
> 
> 
> gcc  -o mc dir.o util.o screen.o dialog.o key.o keyxdef.o menu.o
file.o win.o color.o help.o find.o profile.o user.o view.o ext.o
mouse.o setup.o dlg.o option.o tree.o widget.o chmod.o mad.o wtools.o
info.o cons.handler.o chown.o subshell.o terms.o boxes.o hotlist.o
achown.o layout.o fsusage.o mountlist.o regex.o complete.o slint.o
command.o cmd.o main.o panelize.o learn.o listmode.o utilunix.o
background.o rxvt.o popt.o text.o -L../vfs -L../slang -L../edit
-lvfs-mc  -ledit -L/src/mc-4.5.0/intl -lintl -lintl  -lcrypt -lslang
-lcurses
> ../vfs/libvfs-mc.a(local.o): In function `local_telldir':
> /src/mc-4.5.0/vfs/local.c:89: undefined reference to `telldir'
> ../vfs/libvfs-mc.a(local.o): In function `local_seekdir':
> /src/mc-4.5.0/vfs/local.c:94: undefined reference to `seekdir'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [mc] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 1
> 

What preprocessor conditions are around telldir and seekdir?  I know
that the header and functions are defined with mingw32.

==
-                  \\||//
-------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o--------------
--          [email-masked]          --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32 --
----------------ooo0O--O0ooo-----------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".