Subject: Re: posix threads (pthread32) undefined references
From: [email-masked] (Ben Elliston)

30 Oct 1998 22:28:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
Cc: Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]>, Alex Madarasz <[email-masked]>,
        [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

> I'm running Cygwin32 b19.3 (no EGCS, gcc from cdk.exe) on a Win98 box.

Right.  So you may or may not have TryEnterCriticalSection(), for example.
I don't know.

> so why don't adding them, Geoffrey?!

I believe there was some contention over what effect this would have on
_any_ binaries linked against this stub.  Someone tried to convince me
that this means that the executable would fail to load on systems where
this didn't exist, even if the program didn't call for this function.

Ben

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".