Subject: Problem with namespace...
From: [email-masked] (John Kennedy)

29 Oct 1998 12:13:47 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: "Gnu-Win32 Maillist" <[email-masked]>

Greetings:

I'm trying to compile a large library of code and some of the routines use
namespaces.  I'm running under NT4/sp3, using B19.1, egcs 1.1, [gcc version
egcs-2.91.57 19980901 (egcs-1.1 release)] and configure reports that yes,
indeed, namespace support is present.  Yet when I run make, I get this in
the report:

=== The 'make' report:
g++ -Dgnu=1 -DOSNAME=cygwin32 -DCPUARCH_i386=1   -I../../../../../include/st
l/gnu_cygwin32 -I.  -I../../../../../include   Buffer.cc -c -o
..objects/cygwin32-4.0-gnu/Buffer.o
.../../../../../include/stl/gnu_cygwin32/stl_relops.h:39: sorry, not
implemented: namespace
.../../../../../include/stl/gnu_cygwin32/stl_relops.h:66: sorry, not
implemented: using directive
make[1]: *** [.objects/cygwin32-4.0-gnu/Buffer.o] Error 1

=== Line 39 in stl_relops.h contains a macro (__STL_BEGIN_NAMESPACE) defined
by:
#  define __STL_BEGIN_NAMESPACE namespace std {
[substituting the definition directly generated the same response]

=== Line 66 in stl_relops.h contains a macro (using namespace __STD_RELOPS;)
defined by:
#   define __STD_RELOPS std::relops

This code has a fairly complex set of templates and conditionals that are
invoked since it is supposed to run on a wide variety of platforms and OS's.
Is there a particular environment or compiler switch I should set/unset to
allow namespaces?  Could it be a compilation order problem?

Thanks!

JD Kennedy
Raytheon Systems Company
Colorado Springs
719-637-7015

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".