Subject: Re: I need help with telldir and seekdir
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

29 Oct 1998 12:11:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by SEMI 1.9.0 - "Isurugi")
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Cygnus <[email-masked]>

Hi

>I'm trying to port code from unix to win32 with cygwin32.  Everything
>worked right until a tried to compile a file wich included "dirent.h"
>and tried to use seekdir and telldir.
>    Can somebody tellme either  if  those functions are available in
>other  header file, or  if i should implement them, and if that's the
>case, how can i do it.

I have the same question. I end up with the followin two erro45rs when
trying to compile mc-4.5.0:

gcc  -o mc dir.o util.o screen.o dialog.o key.o keyxdef.o menu.o file.o win.o color.o help.o find.o profile.o user.o view.o ext.o mouse.o setup.o dlg.o option.o tree.o widget.o chmod.o mad.o wtools.o info.o cons.handler.o chown.o subshell.o terms.o boxes.o hotlist.o achown.o layout.o fsusage.o mountlist.o regex.o complete.o slint.o command.o cmd.o main.o panelize.o learn.o listmode.o utilunix.o background.o rxvt.o popt.o text.o -L../vfs -L../slang -L../edit -lvfs-mc  -ledit -L/src/mc-4.5.0/intl -lintl -lintl  -lcrypt -lslang -lcurses
.../vfs/libvfs-mc.a(local.o): In function `local_telldir':
/src/mc-4.5.0/vfs/local.c:89: undefined reference to `telldir'
.../vfs/libvfs-mc.a(local.o): In function `local_seekdir':
/src/mc-4.5.0/vfs/local.c:94: undefined reference to `seekdir'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [mc] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Ciao
  Volker

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".