Subject: Cygnus Win32 and GNU Win32
From: [email-masked] (Andy Tai)

28 Oct 1998 15:50:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Seeing the change of name from GNU-Win32 to CygWin32, I am just curious
what is the general consideration of the leadership at Cygnus.   Is gradually
GNU software drafted away from the FSF?   Is Cygnus gradually becoming
indepenet of the GNU ideas?   

Regarding Cygwin32, contributions to the project must copyright-assigned
to Cygnus.  While assigning copyright to the FSF is understandable
in its purpose, I wonder what is the goal of assigning rights to Cygnus?
After all, Cygnus is a for-profit corporation, unlike the FSF which has clearly
understandable goals and purposes.   If I contribute to Cygwin32, can I assign
my copyright to the FSF, instead of Cygnus?

Thanks for any information.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".