Subject: Is this a bug, or what?
From: [email-masked] (Stephen L Arnold)

27 Oct 1998 13:19:18 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

Howdy:

Earnie suggested I post this one, so here goes:

I'm using the cygwin stuff for my C homework, and I can't figure 
out if this should work or not.  In the attached code (the classic 
Fibonacci sequence problem) the regular (long) integers start 
wrapping at n=46.

The gcc docs say long long ints are supported, but I can't seem to 
make it work (and I've tried various format specifiers).  As the 
output shows, sizeof returns the correct sizes of long (=int) and 
long long (ie, long long is twice as big).

Questions: Are long long ints supported on a 32-bit platform (ie, 
PCs)?  If so, how do I use them? (what am I doing wrong?)  Is there 
some kind of #define, or another include file that I need?

Thanks in advance, Steve

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".