Subject: Re: dll, java, gcc, cygwin
From: [email-masked] (Glen Fullmer-EGF002)

27 Oct 1998 10:31:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Glen Fullmer-EGF002 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
        [email-masked]

Hi Mumit,

>>>>> "MK" == Mumit Khan <[email-masked]> writes:

   MK> Tried something similar, and sure enough, it crashed and burned.
   MK> getenv() probably calls something that calls malloc. If malloc fails,
   MK> the system is pretty much useless.

Yep, also just:

     char *mstr;
     mstr = malloc(100);

fails, in the helloworld example.
     
   MK> Of course, everything seems to work when using mingw, but then you
   MK> lose the POSIX layer.

Yeah, we wouldn't want to do that. ;-)

   MK> problem must be due to some (bad) interaction of MSVC runtime loaded
   MK> by Java and Cygwin runtime loaded by the JNI dll.

Ok, but I don't understand.  So you are saying that Java might be using a
runtime library that is not compatible with the DLL library?

Thanks, 
Glen
-- 
Glen Fullmer,(847)538-3082, Mail: <[email-masked]>,
 			    Web:  <http://www.enteract.com/~gfullmer>
**************************************************************************
*  "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence            *
*   over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - R. P. Feynman *
**************************************************************************
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".