Subject: Re: dll, java, gcc, cygwin
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

24 Oct 1998 21:06:10 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Andrew Mickish <[email-masked]>
Cc: Glen Fullmer-EGF002 <[email-masked]>,
        [email-masked]

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Andrew Mickish wrote:

> It might be related to name mangling.  Try adding .def aliases in your larger
> example.  I have to supply aliases in a .def file like the following for every native
> method I export from the DLL:
> 
>      EXPORTS
>      Java_HelloWorld_displayHelloWorld=Java_HelloWorld_displayHelloWorld@8
>      dll_entry@12
> 

Here's a proposal: how about I add a --add-stdcall-alias to dlltool which
essentially produce the following:

      EXPORTS
      Java_HelloWorld_displayHelloWorld=Java_HelloWorld_displayHelloWorld@8
      Java_HelloWorld_displayHelloWorld@8

When creating .def file using ``dlltool --output-def''. Would this solve 
the problem? Note that I'm keeping the original symbol as well, but we 
could always get rid of that too.

Making DLLs then look like the following:
  
  dlltool --output-def my.def --add-stdcall-alias [ ... ] *.o
  dllwrap -o my.dll --def my.def [ .... ]*.o

btw, you should *never* export DLL entry points (unless you really know
what you're doing of course).

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".