Subject: JNI functions under g++
From: [email-masked] (JAMES DOYLE)

24 Oct 1998 07:47:51 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Gnu Win32 Mailing List <[email-masked]>

Hi,
	I've been using Gnu tools for years, but only 
recently needed to use them under Win32.  The reason I wanted
to try using the Win32 port is that I'm having mystifying problems
under Microsoft Visual C++.  I've been able to use VC++ in the past
to do JNI functions where I use malloc/free, but recently I've
needed to access C++ libraries that use new/delete, and under VC++
this is causing me problems.  Since things run fine on Solaris
with g++, I figured I'd try g++ on Windows.

	But, as Kiyoko Aoki and Andrew Mickish have noted
(re: B19 dll with JNI causing Dr. Watson, October 19), doing
C++ memory allocations doesn't work under GnuWin32 either.  
My DLL fails the first time it tries to call new().  I just thought
I'd let Kiyoko and Andrew (and other JNI people out there) know
there's another data point indicating trouble with JNI and
memory allocation.  Also, I thought you'd be interested to know
that MSVC++ has trouble with JNI and memory allocation, too.
I've posted to comp.lang.java.programmer asking if JNI
programmers in general have been able to work with C++ allocation
on Windows.  

Jim Doyle
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".