Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] NT4 SP4 Available
From: [email-masked] (Paul Garceau)

23 Oct 1998 15:54:01 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

Hi folks,

	Just found this out a little while ago and thought it would be a "good" 
thing to let you know.  If you don't already...

	NT4 SP4 is now available from MS, either via ftp:
		198.105.232.37 /fixes/usa/nt40  (this is the fastest MS download on 
the west coast.)

			Via website URL:
		http://www.microsoft.com/NTWorkstation/default.asp
		http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/default.asp

	It's huge, so be prepared...minimum size is 35+ Mb, y2k entitled is 76+ 
Mb.

	This is not a typical upgrade...in essence, SP4 replaces the old NT4 
System Architecture with the NT5b1 System Architecture.  Whether it 
includes a complete implementation of DirectX 5 is still a mystery.  MS 
makes no reference to it in their Readme.txt file (available from the ftp site).  
This is both a Server and Workstation replacement pack.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Information Systems Consultant
NewDawn Productions
http://www.teleport.com/~pgarceau/newdawn/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".