Subject: Re: [Announcement] ...SP4
From: [email-masked] (Paul Garceau)

23 Oct 1998 13:29:14 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

If you wish to download and install the y2k upgrade, MS requires that you use 
their website URL to download the basic SP4 (35+ M).  Once that is done, 
you must, according to MS Readme, go to the ftp site and download the y2k 
sp4 service pack (76+M).

	If you download and install the y2k pack, according to the MS readme,  
be aware of this:

"Known Site Server Express 3.0 setup issues:
* When Y2KSetup installs Internet Explorer 4.01 SP1 and 
Site Server Express 3.0..."

	Not "if", "when".

	Finally, if sometime down the road you need to repair your system using 
the Emergency Repair Disk, you will need to re-install both your original NT4 
system files and then re-apply SP4 from scratch.

	I hope this is helpful.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Information Systems Consultant
NewDawn Productions
http://www.teleport.com/~pgarceau/newdawn/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".