Subject: IDEs for mingw32 [Re: About using mingw32 with RSXIDE and PFE32]
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

23 Oct 1998 12:33:39 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Sjoerd Bakker <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Sjoerd Bakker <[email-masked]> writes:
> I know that using an IDE for developing gnu-win32 code is not a very
> populair idea with some of you Unix(-alike)-people. So I hope you will just
> delete this message without getting angry.

[ useful discussion and description of using RSXNT's IDE ]

Nobody will (should) get angry, since this is an important issue. The
bad news is that writing an IDE takes a lot of work, but the good news
is that there at least two independent on-going projects for mingw32 
(and which should be usable for cygwin as well with some minor tweaks): 
  
  1. Dr. Wampler's V-based IDE called "vide" 
       http://www.objectcentral.com/
  
  2. Al Stevens' of Dr Dobbs MFC-based IDE Quincy99 
       http://www.midifitz.com/alstevens/quincy99/

Both are free and provide a very good starting point for those who want
to help out. Hint hint ...

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".