Subject: File Locking & Link Counts
From: [email-masked] (Scott Perlman)

22 Oct 1998 13:29:24 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

I am attempting to port a MUA to CygWin32.

I'm already going through and hacking binary in to the opens.  and
replacing bash with one that doesn't textify pipes so that my innocent
BINARY mime-attatchemtns don't get corrupted. (grubmle grumble)

However I'd rather not blindly trust whatever GNU configure spits out
in terms of file locking

Do fnctl or flock work properly in CYGWIN32? (and will a program not
dependant on CYGWIN.dll ever notice them?)

Do hardlock and static link counts work the same way on NT that it 
does on Unix?  (Do I need to worry about that part ofthe code, other than 
fixing the opens?)

Thansk!

-Scott
-- 
 "Should I try to be a straight 'A' student?
   If you are then you think too much."
             -Billy Joel "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me"
==Scott [email-masked]   
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".