Subject: re: Anyone ported the ASN.1 Snacc compiler ??
From: [email-masked] (Fieldhouse, Dirk)

21 Oct 1998 03:18:14 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:13:38, Jonathan Naughton-Green ([email-masked])
wrote: 

	Has anybody ported the ASN.1 Snacc compiler (1.3) ??

	I've just tried a quick build and am getting the following
	error:-

	> /dosd/snacc-1.3
	> jnaught>jon>[3]>>make all
	> cd compiler && make
	> ====== making (creating) core/print.o ======
	> gcc -DCOMPILER -DUSE_NIBBLE_MEMORY=0 -DUSE_EXP_BUF -Icore
-I../c-lib/inc -I../c-
	> lib/boot -Iback-ends -I.. -g -O2 -DFLEX_IN_USE -c -o core/print.o
core/print.c
	> gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
	> make[1]: *** [core/print.o] Error 1
	> make: *** [compiler] Error 2
	> jnaught>jon>[4]>>
	> 

	So this is a quick check before I spend hours figuring out what
	might be wrong.

I built it for Cygwin32 and Mingw32 about a year ago. I don't remember
rebuilding it with B19. There were some problems. Especially, the makefile
expects to patch text files as if they were binary (ie miscounting the
CR-LF). There was also a problem with the nibble-mode malloc as I recall
that came down to recursive makes not inheriting variables in the right way.
I think I had to change the recursive make invocations in some way. I can
let you have the config.h that worked for me if that's any use (or indeed
snacc-1.3-win32.exe, which could save a lot of effort...)

/df

-- 
Dirk Fieldhouse                 Logica UK Limited
[email-masked]           75 Hampstead Road
c=gb;a=attmail;p=logica;        London NW1 2PL
o=lg;ou1=lgwct;s=fieldhouse     UK
+44 (171) 637 9111

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".