Subject: B19.1: mkpasswd and user comments not in ASCII
From: [email-masked] (Andrej Borsenkow)

21 Oct 1998 03:05:46 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

In attempt to setup cygwin32 (actually ssh) on WinNT 4.0, I stumped on a
problem with mkpasswd. Most our (domain) users have comments in Russian.
When I run mkpasswd -d, the result is almost unusable. Most lines are
splitted in two in the middle of GECOS field, and GECOS field contains
garbage.

I suspect, the comments are sent as Unicode by NT PDC. Just interested,
if anybody else have seen it?

Would be nice, if it worked :))

/andrej
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".