Subject: Re: MSVCRT/threads
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

20 Oct 1998 07:16:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Bart Anderson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Colin Peters <[email-masked]>

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Bart Anderson wrote:

> Does this invalidate Colin's reply to the same message, or is this the
> preferred method?

The problem basically is that some of the libraries will contain code that
include entry points in CRTDLL and you'll get a 'no entry point' error at
runtime. This will happen to anything that uses HUGE_VAL for example.
Also, import libraries such as libmoldname.a is liked to CRTDLL, which
will be wrong if you want to use MSVCRT as your runtime.

Colin, is this essentially correct?

Note that I'm using MSVCRT40, not just MSVCRT. MSVCRT40 loads MSVCRT as
well, but also provides some fixes (and breaks a few as well) for routines
in MSVCRT.DLL.

I've uploaded the replacement libraries and some instructions on what/how
to replace the CRTDLL dependent libraries.
  
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/egcs-1.1/

See the README.mscrt40 before doing anything at all! I suggest that you
take a look at the list of files to be replaced and save those away
first before unzipping.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".