Subject: RE: Free Win32 X servers
From: [email-masked] (Scandora, Anthony E., Jr.)

20 Oct 1998 07:15:59 -0700
Message-ID: <408C59EF36D6D111ACF500A0C92DEA19042AEE.cygnus.gnu-win32@cmtnts3>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
To: [email-masked]

I use StarNet for Alpha and VAX VMS connections, and other people in our
division use it to get to various UNIX systems.  It's not free, but it's a
lot less than most others, and it works.

Tony Scandora, Argonne National Lab, 630-252-7541
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: John A. Turner [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 1998 9:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Free Win32 X servers

Michael Hirmke wrote:

> Uhm, server*s* is a bit overdone - there is only one free X server for
> Win32. It is called X/Mix and you can get it from www.microimages.com !
> You can also get a crippled shareware version of X/Win32 from StarNet -
> but that's it. For all the other X servers you have to spend really big
> bucks.

Aside from MI/X, the lowest price X servers seem to be:

	Name		Company		Price	URL
	----		-------		-----	---
	X-Win32		StarNet		$200	http://www.starnet.com/
	W-WinPro 	Labtam		$100	http://www.labf.com/

Can anyone comment on either of these, particularly in comparison with
MI/X?

-John
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".