Subject: Re: New Installation
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

20 Oct 1998 04:17:48 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Stephen Marley <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

---Stephen Marley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On 17 October 1998, Michael Hirmke wrote:
> > 
> > Get vim from
> >
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Hirmke_Michael
> 
> I don't get it. Why should one use a Cygwin32 version of Vim when
> perfectly acceptable Win32 native ports (gui and console) exist?
> 

Simple, the mount table.  The Cygwin32 would recognize a cygwin
mounted directory structure where the Win32 native port doesn't.  This
is the _ONLY_ reason and IMHO not worth downloading the Cygwin version
if you have the native version already.

==
-                  \\||//
-------------o0O0--Earnie--0O0o--------------
--          [email-masked]          --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32 --
----------------ooo0O--O0ooo-----------------

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".