Subject: Re: Xvnc setup (was Free Win32 X servers)
From: [email-masked] (Rui-Tao Dong)

20 Oct 1998 03:05:03 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I've switched from MI/X to Xvnc last week and been mostly satisfied.
I've been running xterm, XEmacs-21.0-b54(Finnish Landrace), gnuplot,
xv, imagick, ghostview, xdvi, xscreensaver, mwm (lesstif) etc without
much problem (other than the "normal" NT crashing :-).

Get cygwin32 vnc (server) and win32 vnc (viewer) and put the following
in your ~/.xserverrc

## .xserverrc-begin
/usr/local/vnc/Xvnc.exe -geometry 1584x1168 -depth 16 -fp /usr/X11R6.3/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/X11R6.3/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi "$@" &
/usr/local/win32-vnc/vncviewer.exe
## .xserverrc-end

then do "startx".

I have a lot of trouble with coolview, so I am using b19.1 for the
time being.

-- 
Regards,

			Rui-Tao (x679)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".