Subject: Re: MSVCRT/threads
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

19 Oct 1998 12:33:29 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: Darren Cook <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Darren Cook <[email-masked]> writes:
> I've installed EGCS 1.1 for i386-mingw32. My question is how do I tell the
> linker I'm using MSVCRT.DLL? I checked the FAQ and mailing list archives.
> I've included more details below. Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

You can't just do that I'm afraid. You need to do a few more things:
  
  - rebuild the target libraries and startup files (crt*) with __MSVCRT__ 
    defined. That includes crt1.o, dllcrt1.o, libmingw32.a, libmoldname.a,
    libiberty.a, and libstdc++.a. Possibly a few more I've missed here.

  - fix up the specs files to add __MSVCRT__ to the predefines (or do it
    explicitly when you invoke the compiler).

  - you must recompile *everything* with __MSVCRT__ defined.

If I still have these on my disk, I'll upload them so you can just grab
and use.

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".