Subject: cygwinb19.dll and applications.
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

19 Oct 1998 02:43:03 -0700
Message-ID: <AC4D3D80B239D211BC140000F879A2BA0AE5DE.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

Very confused! Please Help. 
What is the correct procedure to compile and install a copy of
cygwinb19.dll? Is there one? What am I doing wrong?

I downladed the latest snapshot
(ftp.cygnus.com/pub/noer/winsup-snapshot), and did the following,

#cd /usr/src
#mkdir /usr/src/obj
#tar xvf /save/winsup-981012.tar

.... Changed the winsup/Makefile.in to reference cygwinb19.dll instead of
.... cygwindevo.dll

#cd obj
#../configure --prefix=/Cygnus/B19
--exec-prefix=/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32
#make

That worked great!

I then did,

#make install

First of all, when it tried to install cygwinb19.dll, it wouldn't let
me, as it was being used. (Fair enough).
So, I moved it in Windows explorer to a directory earlier in the PATH,
and tried again.

This time everything installed.

BUT NOW, when I start bash, I get a Windows dialog that says that,

"/Cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/cygwinb19.dll is not a valid windows NT
image."

It looks good to me (I looked in a dll viewer).

What am I doing wrong? Why is this so difficult?
Do all the tools have to be rebuilt as well?

Many regards,
Ian Collins.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".