Subject: B19 dll with JNI causing Dr. Watson to drop by...
From: [email-masked] (Kiyoko F. Aoki)

18 Oct 1998 20:25:31 -0700
Message-ID: <Pine.SUN.3.96.981018233313.504D-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@theory>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hello all,

This is my second message to the mailing list regarding a problem I've
been trying to deal with for the past couple of weeks...  I hope someone
will be able to help out.

I am using g++ version egcs-2.91.57 (1.1 release) on NT4 (SP3) to create a
dll that is called from my Java program through JNI.  My problem is that
my Java app can call the C++ routine ok, but Dr. Watson pops up in the
following cases:

1. Initializing anything with new or malloc
2. Calling another c++ routine that allocates any memory as in above

I was told that perhaps I wasn't initializing my dll correctly?  What
would that entail??  I created the (relocatable) dll using the procedures
from cygnus' home page...  any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kiyoko

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kiyoko F. Aoki 		Research Assistant 		Academia Sinica
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".