Subject: Just a few ideas..
From: [email-masked] (Mr. Grim)

17 Oct 1998 01:45:34 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

These are a few ideas I've had.. maybe they are already being done 
or maybe they are not.

What is cygwinb19.dll created a filedb type thing (ala eggdrop) that 
keeps track of file attributes that the normal FAT filesystem 
doesn't. Also, why does it need NT to create a passwd and group 
file? These can be seperate. Why was different-case/same-name 
file support taken out?

My biggest idea was regarding a multi-user security issues thing I 
read. Mentioning that it wouldn't be a good idea to have a multi-
user system because of cygwin32's shared memory space 
scheme. Maybe it would be possible to startup a new instance of 
cygwinb19.dll for every shell?

Dunno.. just some thoughts.. are any of these being worked on?

 - Mr. Grim
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".