Subject: Random Questions..
From: [email-masked] (Scott Perlman)

16 Oct 1998 11:44:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

I've got a few short ones, so I figured I'd combine them.

I was unsatisfied with ansi as a term setting, so I started hacking together
a terminal definition from ansi and xterm to hande thigns better.

Before I do too far overboard has anyone done this?

I'm finding that ported utilities that want to use curses function
better in the crossbreed termcap I'm working on. (specifcally mutt so
far)

(I won't use the rxvt as it seems to require leaving a cmd shell of
sorts around, and also doesn't seem to catch all its input.  I tried to
run a command line ftp in it, and it did not work.)

Also does anyone have an inline/cli telnet for the NT Cygwin set?

As I get this termcap put together I really see no reason not to have a
telnet that works the same way I want things to work, as opposed to the
window factory that windows is.

Re mail:  I'm not concerned about listening for mail locally, as I am
running on a laptop that won't be online permanently, but I am looking
for a way of sending mail politely.  Basically a small CLI that will
do just what sendmail does when invoked by a MUA, but hopefully has the 
intelligence to immediately send it if I'm online, but queue things
if I'm not.

Last, a semi-FAQ  Rather than go crazy mounting things all over the
place, I just created directories and symlinks.  Will this bite me at
some point? (and if so how?)

Thanks!
 
-Scott
-- 
"X11 is the second worst windowing system in the world.  First place is
a tie between all the other windowing systems that have sold more than
10 seats."  Paul Tomblin on a.s.r. 19960524
Scott H. [email-masked]	
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".