Subject: Re: Mingw32-ecgs DLL cann't load, cross-compile can, same tools
From: [email-masked] (Douglas Steele)

16 Oct 1998 08:59:02 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Douglas Steele <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Mumit,

>These are quite possibly due to bugs ("features" in MS parlance ;-) in
>W95 CRTDLL runtime routines; fseek on W95 for example doesn't zero out 
>the storage when you seek past the end of file, while it does do the
>right/expected thing on WinNT (and of course when built cross on a unix
>box).
My "favourite" file (From Win95 Version A times).

>As soon as I get a chance, I want to build version of binutils using a
>replacement fseek and see if that's what's happening.
Be interested to try it.

>Any other routines with such behaviour that may be causing this?
Not come across any.  A couple of other observations though.  I have two
versions of the exe and dll; cross-compile and direct.  As above, no
problems with cross-compile, direct doesn't load.  If I swap the dll's,
the error follows the direct compiled dll (direct compiled exe and
cross-compiled dll works fine).  So problem after object file creation
in direct compiled dll only.  (Exe files not identical though).

From investigations with R system, problem originally reported with
Win95A.  I have version B now, fault still present, so probably not
related to Win95 version.

-- 
Douglas
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".